Latvia 16 & 17/11/2010: 2nd SGM & 2ND WORKSHOP
On the 16th of November 2010, the 2nd Steering Group meeting of the OSEPA project took place at the University of Valmiera in Latvia.
The topics discussed by the Steering Group Members were the following:
– Management and Task Structure
– Upgrading of Website and related Content
– 2nd Issue of Promotional Material
– Demo Booth
– Preparation & Execution of the 1st Conference
– Updated Work-Plan for the Survey
– Technical efficiency guidelines for selecting between and among FOSS & proprietary SW solutions
– Results of Good Practices
An analytical discussion concerning the progress of the project took place and the need to improve its implementation as well as partners’ involvement was raised. The importance of executing the 1st Conference successfully was stressed setting as minimal conditions the effective promotion of it and the participation of all partners.
Each subject area started with a presentation of the partner in charge, followed by a Q&A and a discussion session which led to the adoption of common decisions of the Consortium in each subject matter.
The 2nd Workshop of the programme then followed (17/11/2010). Open Source experts provided participants their experience in FOSS usage in Public Administrations. After that, attendants were divided in three groups to exchange views on topics suggested from their moderators. Group arguments were then summarized and conclusions were presented and discussed from all the workshop participants.